This Privacy and Security Statement outlines the policies and practices of R.B. Oppenheim Associates (“RBOA”) regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data (collectively “Data”) when you visit the RBOA website or use RBOA internet services. RBOA’s internet services include, but are not limited to, RBOA educational resources, newsletters, directories as well as other internet-based features.
RBOA created this Privacy and Security Statement to demonstrate its commitment to maintaining the privacy of all users of our internet services.
RBOA may offer you the ability to connect with RBOA services and tools using a mobile device via a mobile optimized website. The provisions of this Privacy and Security Statement apply to all access provided through the use of mobile devices. This Privacy and Security Statement will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites.
By using the RBOA websites or internet services you consent to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement and to RBOA processing your Data for the purposes stated herein. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement, your use of RBOA’s websites or internet services may not be optimized, and, in some instances, you may be denied access to services that require RBOA to verify you as an authorized user.
1. Notice to Minors – RBOA does not knowingly offer or sell products or services to children. If you are under eighteen years of age, you may not purchase products or services from, and you should not provide information to RBOA without the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.
2. Changes to this Statement – RBOA reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Security Statement at any time without prior notice. This Privacy and Security Statement occasionally will be updated to reflect new features and services or new privacy practices. The latest version will be posted on the RBOA website. The Privacy and Security Statement was last updated on 12/20/2022.
3. Data We May Collect – As described below, RBOA collects personal information that you provide (“Personal Data”) as well as general information about the use of its website (“Non-Personal Data”). “Personal Data” includes any information that identifies you directly, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, date and/or place of birth, payment and billing information, professional certifications or licenses, and government-issued identification numbers. Personal Data may also include sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability status, or religious preferences. The Personal Data we collect depends on how you choose to use our website and our services. RBOA will not distribute Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy and Security Statement unless required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that such action is permitted by law and is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or process such as civil and criminal subpoenas and court orders, to protect and defend the rights or property of RBOA, or to protect the personal safety of RBOA personnel or the general public. “Non-Personal Data” includes any information that does not identify you directly, such as your geolocation, browsing history, type and industry of employment, internet protocol address, and information automatically collected through the use of internet cookies.
4. How We May Use or Share Your Personal Data
a. Information Collected to Process Payment Transactions – When users of our website or our internet services apply for or renew membership, order products, register for events or sign up for services, they will be required to provide information where we will acquire Personal Data necessary to process the transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, and credit card number or other payment information. Payment information, such as credit card details, is only collected to process a transaction, using a secure transmission method, and it is stored in an encrypted format. Reasonable measures are taken while processing transactions to ensure that payment information is not vulnerable to theft or interception. RBOA will not store or distribute your payment information in any manner that is not necessary to process a transaction. We employ third parties to assist us in fulfilling orders and other transactions involving payment. Those third parties will have access to certain Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform those services for us. We limit the use of all such Personal Data by these third parties to the performance of such services. We take reasonable steps to obligate these third parties to handle Personal Data appropriately and confidentially. However, RBOA cannot give absolute assurance that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. Please see the section “Users’ Information” below for details about how RBOA may use Personal Data collected.
b. Email Addresses – When contacting RBOA at any of the email addresses used for member and non-member customer assistance, we may ask for certain Personal Data, such as your member ID number, name, email address, telephone number, or fax number. When collected for this purpose, the information is used to verify identity and to provide the assistance you are requesting. RBOA does not distribute or sell the email addresses to any unaffiliated third party but may use email addresses or disclose email addresses to RBOA contractors to carry out the operations of RBOA and to provide services.
c. User Information – Personal Data may be used by RBOA to distribute marketing materials to users by mail, fax or email. Users can elect not to receive certain printed mailings, faxes or email notices from RBOA.
Additionally, RBOA may utilize visitor data to match against existing advertising network profiles enabling the ability to target RBOA members as a group, with programmatic banner advertising. No Personal Data is shared with advertisers and all matched profiles are anonymous. This service is only utilized for RBOA members geolocated within the United States of America. RBOA collects and stores aggregate demographic information to track the organization’s diversity. Such de-identified demographic information may be shared with RBOA leadership groups. Users can opt to not share this information with RBOA leadership groups. If you wish to elect to not be included in any of these communications, please contact us using the methods listed at the end of this document.
d. Electronic Publications – RBOA collects and uses the email addresses of users when they subscribe to our electronic publications for the purposes of sending the email messages that comprise these services. We may occasionally send email messages with surveys regarding these services or promote other RBOA products or services to subscribers. RBOA will not share the email addresses with any third party not associated with the support or delivery of this service.
5. How We May Use or Share Your Non-Personal Data
b. General Website Usage Information – To monitor site usage and improve the quality of our website, RBOA gathers general information about the use of our website. We use web server logs and industry-standard website statistics software to count the number of visitors to our website, the number of views of particular pages, and to track other general statistics. From time to time, RBOA may share with third parties the aggregate, anonymous information about overall usage of our website and other internet services that we collect in order to sell advertising, solicit sponsorships or to pursue other legitimate business purposes.
6. Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
a. Personal Data Retention – We keep your Personal Data for as long as you are an RBOA client or as long as your relationship with RBOA continues and as required by law. We retain your Personal Data while your membership is active or as necessary to continue to provide internet or mobile-based services. This includes Personal Data you provided to us and Personal Data obtained from your use of our services. There may be some instances where we retain Non-Personal Data in a depersonalized or aggregate form.
b. Right to Access and Control Your Personal Data – You can access, update or delete your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Personal Data that we have about you:
Delete: You may ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Data, and we will work hard to honor all requests in a timely manner. In some instances, we may not be able to delete your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable financial transaction laws or other laws.
Change or Correct: You may ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
Object to, Limit or Restrict: You may ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data.
Right to Access: You have the right to see your Personal Data and take it with you. We will work with you to be sure we can provide the most complete set of your Personal Data and a secure way to transfer your Personal Data.
Account Closure: We will keep some of your Personal Data, even after you end your client relationship with RBOA or close your client account, in order to fulfill any final service requests. Please note that we will retain your Personal Data even after you have cancelled your membership or closed your RBOA account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce a user agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized Data after your account has been closed.
7. Links to Other Websites – The RBOA website and many of our print and electronic publications contain many links to other websites. The RBOA website also provides opportunities for user interaction with social media sites such as Facebook®, Twitter®, LinkedIn®, YouTube®, and various blogging sites. Content and links to other internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views, or content contained therein. RBOA is not responsible for the content or links posted by others on these social media sites. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. RBOA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Please check the other sites to access their privacy policies and determine how they may collect or use information.
8. For our Members/Customers in the EU – This Privacy and Security Statement includes information applicable to residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and users accessing RBOA’s website or internet services from within the EEA. If you are an EEA resident, this Privacy and Security Statement provides you with information regarding your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
a. Data Controller – RBOA is the data controller for the Personal Data collected from its members and customers. RBOA can be contacted at:
R.B. Oppenheim Associates
Attn: Michael Winn
2040 Delta Way
Tallahassee, FL 32303
By email at email@example.com
By phone at 850-386-9100
b. Transfer of Personal Data to Other Countries – RBOA and our internet services are based in the United States and, regardless of where you access the website, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on systems located in the United States. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
c. Your Rights – The GDPR provides you with certain privacy rights, including the right to access, correct or update your personal information. You may also request to have your information deleted, although we may retain information for backups, prevention of fraud and abuse, satisfaction of legal obligations or other ongoing legitimate interests. You have the right to receive a copy of your information in a structured, machine-readable format for portability. You may decline to share certain personal data, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some features and benefits. You also have the right to object to the way we process Personal Data if the objection is based on legitimate interests or concerns. Finally, you have the right to be free from decisions we make based on automated processing of your Personal Data unless we are contractually obligated to process Personal Data in an automated manner. If you wish to exercise any of the rights granted to you by the GDPR, or wish to lodge a complaint about how we have handled your Personal Data, contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 850-386-9100 or via mail to the address set forth above.
9. Security – RBOA staff are educated on this policy and obligated to follow it. Access to Personal Data is limited to select employees and the information is stored in an encrypted format. We also take steps to obligate third parties to handle information appropriately and confidentially.
10. Contacting RBOA About Privacy Issues – We welcome your comments, suggestions, or questions about our Privacy and Security Statement and RBOA’s privacy practices. We also welcome member requests to elect not to receive certain forms of communication from RBOA and third parties.
11. Site Security Information – The RBOA website features a number of security features designed to make your use of the site worry-free.
We strive to make our online ordering, registration, and services useful and safe. Since use of these services often requires personal or financial information, we make every effort to ensure that the information is transferred and stored securely. For all online transactions, all information sent using our shopping cart is transmitted to our server using the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) protocol and not OpenSSL. SSL is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (“HTTP”) that creates a secure connection using “HTTPS”.
When you are entering your credit card information to order publications, register for programs or renew your membership, you will know you are on a secured page when you see this image: The Secured Area image indicates that the page you are viewing is using SSL. It also indicates that an order or registration form supports encryption.
If you have questions regarding our security features or would like more information, please contact our website support team at email@example.com.