How to create LinkedIn content that connects and converts new clients.
5 TIPS. 5 MINUTES. Michael Winn is back with another episode of the Digital Opps Digital Marketing Podcast to help you understand how to create LinkedIn content that connects and converts new clients.
- 101 Million reasons why. According to recent data, 61 million LinkedIn users are executives and 40 million are decision-makers. After email, LinkedIn is the go-to channel for business related content. Posting daily content to LinkedIn is a marketing and small business growth hack. But what kind of content is the question.
- Long-form written content. The mindset of a user visiting LinkedIn is very different from any other social media platform. The motivation for visiting LinkedIn is often driven by the desire to improve oneself professionally. It is a platform of thought leaders, industry experts and others seeking similar advice or encouragement in their respective fields. Writing long-form (usually 1,000 words or more) content provides your professional visibility.
- Celebrating others. It’s not all about you or your company. LinkedIn is the ultimate online networking platform and is the perfect venue to post content from other companies that is insightful and engaging. Sharing content from brands which your company is aligned with or has mutual shared interest creates the potential for increased audience reach.
- Video content. A picture might be worth a 1,000 words, but a video amplifies that by a million. Whether it is short interviews, industry recaps or brand storytelling, video content is one of the best ways to maximize engagement on the LinkedIn platform.
- Illustration and images. Infographics are a fantastic format to convey a large amount of data in an easy to digest format. Using LinkedIn’s carousel post format is a great way to display segmented content by topic using images or PDFs and encourages engagement with your content.